We are a member-owned co-op enjoying and sharing the Sauna tradition with the Twin Cities community.
Make a Reservation
Join us on the weekends in October at Silverwood Park!
* * Co-op Members receive a generous discount and advanced booking access to reservations before reservations are released here to the public. Learn more about becoming a Member. **
Join us at Silverwood Park! October 1-31, 2021
Public drop-in reservations – $25
Pass Package reservation – $13 – $19
(scroll down for Pass Packages)
* Co-op Members receive a discount when booking with their Member Promo Code *
Things to know & COVID-19 Protocols
What to bring and what to expect.
WHAT TO BRING
- Good parking Karma! It’s ski season and parking at the Trailhead can be difficult. If you can’t find a spot in the Trailhead lot, you may need to park at the old Chalet and walk down to the trailhead. We appologize for the inconveneince but we promise that the warm-up will be worth the walk!
- Bathing suit (required)
- Water bottle
- 2 Towels – one to sit on and one to use after your session. Your sitting towel should be long enough to place your feet on the towel as well. There are hooks in the hot room to hang your sitting towel between rounds.
- Flip flops
- Lock for lockers. (Locker room and showers available onsite.)
SAUNA SOCIETY CODE
The Sauna Society Code has been identified to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable sauna and can be immersed in the health benefits of the activity, and can be summarized as follows:
At the 612 Sauna Society, our intention is to support a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive space to enjoy the health and community benefits of sauna.
We are aware of ourselves, each other, and our surroundings to ensure a safe environment for all sauna guests.
We are aware of our own health and safety, and we are also aware of the health of other guests.
We and our guests believe that everyone is equally worthy of love, respect, and dignity. We believe that differences of race, age, culture, religion, politics, sexual orientation, gender, gender variance, body shapes and sizes, nationalities, (and beyond) are simply part of being human and all are welcome here.
In short, we endeavour to treat each other as a family—one that loves and respects each other.
Thank you for helping us create a safe and comfortable space for all.
Please arrive hydrated so you can enjoy the full benefits of your time on the bench.
Sauna promotes healthy blood flow by activation of the thermoregulatory system. Practicing full “rounds” will provide the full health benefits. A round consists of 10-20 mins in the hot room (your body will tell you when your time is up), followed by a cool-down period outside.
Letting your body cool down between rounds by relaxing and cooling off at the rinse station will increase your circulation and provide the full physical and mental benefit of the experience. A typical sauna session consists of 3-4 rounds of this hot-cold treatment.
Learn more about the health benefits of Sauna here.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- The Sauna will be staffed by a trained host. If you have further questions about Sauna, The Forge or the 612 Sauna Society, please ask a member of the Stoker Team, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
612 Sauna Society is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all members, guests, and staff. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 within our facility and our community. This will require cooperation of guests, members and staff to comply with protocols to keep the sauna safe.
- All guests using the sauna are required to show proof of complete Covid vaccination or a negative Covid test 72 hours prior to their sauna session.
- All hosts will be required to send proof of complete Covid vaccination upon employment/volunteer agreement to the 612 Sauna Society Operations Manager.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick or if you’ve been exposed.
- The sauna is open by reservation only. Reservations are operating at reduced capacity.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes before your time slot and wait outside until directed by a host.
- Anytime you are not inside the hot room, we strongly recommend wearing a mask.
- Mask use is required inside the changing area for any guest that is not vaccinated and presents a negative COVID test.
- For vaccinated guests, masks are optional in the changing area, but highly recommended.
- You must use your own towel and water, and a towel is required for sitting on the bench inside the hot room.
- During cool downs outside, we require guests to maintain social distancing with those outside of their household, including hosts.
- Please clean your hands using hand sanitizer before entering the Forge.
- We will not accept walk-ins—you must make your reservation in advance.
- The sauna hot room will be kept at a minimum temperature of 180F to ensure a sterile environment. Even so, all people using the sauna are doing so at their own risk and will not hold 612 Sauna Society liable should they contract COVID.
- Staff cleans and sanitizes equipment per disinfecting checklist between each reservation.
Sauna Session Pass Packages
Sauna Session Pass Packages
If you’re a Co-op Member, click here to purchase your Pass Package or Gift Certificate at a discounted rate. Otherwise, please follow the directions and links below…
** Note: You still need to reserve your benchtime after you purchase your Pass Package. Pls read the directions below for more information **
Info and Directions: How to purchase a Pass Package or Gift Certificate (click here)
Receive discounted reservation pricing and avoid the Eventbrite fees with a Session Pass Package.
If you are a Co-op or Trailhead Member, please click here for Session Pass Packages. If not, read on…
1.) When you’re done reading this, expand the box below and choose your package from the drop-down selector.
2.) Click “buy now.” (You will be taken to a Paypal paymenet page.)
2.) On the paypal payment page, choose whether you’d like to pay via paypal or credit card.
The Credit Card option is the grey button on the bottom.
3.) You’ll receive a confirmation email within 3 business days (we process passes manually) with your Session Pass Promotion Code, which you will use at checkout to book future reservations.
** Our Pass Packages are valid through the end of our next sauna season (May 31, 2021) **
Group Event Bookings
Book the sauna for your business event or private gathering
- 3 hour rental at the Theodore Wirth Trailhead for up to 20 people $525 (Contact us about other locations and pricing)
- Firewood and hosting provided. Just show up with your pals and enjoy the warmth of the Sauna!
Contact us to book benchtime for your group
Host a Sauna Event
Want to collaborate on a sauna event at your location? Sponsor a pop-up residency event to bring Sauna Society to you!
- Base residency fee including delivery: $2,000
- Public event fee varies (approx. $1,000 – $2,000)
- Firewood and hosting provided.