We are a member-owned co-op enjoying and sharing the Sauna tradition with the Twin Cities community.
Make a Reservation
May 7-May 30: Reservations at Hidden Beach
5/21 & 5/28: Wellness Saturday at Hidden Beach in partnership with the Kenwood Neighborhood Association
* * Co-op Members receive a generous discount and advanced booking access to reservations. Learn more about becoming a Member. **
5/6 to 5/30/22: Hidden Beach, Cedar Lake, Minneapolis
Public drop-in reservations – $35
Pass Package reservation – $19-33
(scroll down for Pass Packages)
* Co-op Members receive a discount when booking with their Member Promo Code *
Things to know & COVID-19 Protocols
What to bring and what to expect.
WHAT TO BRING
- Good parking Karma! It’s ski season and parking at the Trailhead can be difficult. If you can’t find a spot in the Trailhead lot, you may need to park at the old Chalet and walk down to the trailhead. We appologize for the inconveneince but we promise that the warm-up will be worth the walk!
- Bathing suit (required)
- Water bottle
- 2 Towels – one to sit on and one to use after your session. Your sitting towel should be long enough to place your feet on the towel as well. There are hooks in the hot room to hang your sitting towel between rounds.
- Flip flops
- Mask–masks are required in the Trailhead building.
SAUNA SOCIETY CODE
The Sauna Society Code has been identified to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable sauna and can be immersed in the health benefits of the activity, and can be summarized as follows:
At the 612 Sauna Society, our intention is to support a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive space to enjoy the health and community benefits of sauna.
We are aware of ourselves, each other, and our surroundings to ensure a safe environment for all sauna guests.
We are aware of our own health and safety, and we are also aware of the health of other guests.
We and our guests believe that everyone is equally worthy of love, respect, and dignity. We believe that differences of race, age, culture, religion, politics, sexual orientation, gender, gender variance, body shapes and sizes, nationalities, (and beyond) are simply part of being human and all are welcome here.
In short, we endeavour to treat each other as a family—one that loves and respects each other.
Thank you for helping us create a safe and comfortable space for all.
Please arrive hydrated so you can enjoy the full benefits of your time on the bench.
Sauna promotes healthy blood flow by activation of the thermoregulatory system. Practicing full “rounds” will provide the full health benefits. A round consists of 10-20 mins in the hot room (your body will tell you when your time is up), followed by a cool-down period outside.
Letting your body cool down between rounds by relaxing and cooling off at the rinse station will increase your circulation and provide the full physical and mental benefit of the experience. A typical sauna session consists of 3-4 rounds of this hot-cold treatment.
Learn more about the health benefits of Sauna here.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- The Sauna will be staffed by a trained host. If you have further questions about Sauna, The Forge or the 612 Sauna Society, please ask a member of the Stoker Team, or email us at email@example.com.
Covid-19 Update 1/7/22
COVID-19 UPDATE 1/7/22:
With the recent increase of covid cases in our community, we want to make sure that we keep covid out of our sauna. We have temporarily changed our refund policy in order to keep you at home if you are experiencing any symptoms.
Please, if you have any signs of illness at all, have been exposed to Covid, or test positive for Covid we ask you to stay home. Send us an email, and we will issue your missed sauna session in the form of a credit that can be used for a future sauna session when you are feeling better. We’ve also enabled the waitlist feature on all of our tickets. If we have a cancellation due to COVID and you are on the waitlist, you will receive an email notification and have 24 hours to claim your seat.
We are requiring that guests, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks while in the changing area of the Forge.
We thank you for your cooperation in keeping our sauna community safe and healthy this winter and we look forward to seeing you on the bench!
612SS Board of Directors
612 Sauna Society is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all members, guests, and staff. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 within our facility and our community. This will require cooperation of guests, members and staff to comply with protocols to keep the sauna safe.
- All guests using the sauna are required to show proof of complete Covid vaccination or a negative Covid test 72 hours prior to their sauna session.
- All hosts will be required to send proof of complete Covid vaccination upon employment/volunteer agreement to the 612 Sauna Society Operations Manager.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick or if you’ve been exposed–if you miss your sauna due to COVID, we will issue you a credit to be used in the future when you are healthy!
- The sauna is open by reservation only. Reservations are operating at reduced capacity.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes before your time slot and wait outside until directed by a host.
- Anytime you are not inside the hot room, we strongly recommend wearing a mask.
- Mask use is required inside the changing area for ALL guests, regardless of vaccination status
- You must use your own towel and water, and a towel is required for sitting on the bench inside the hot room.
- During cool downs outside, we require guests to maintain social distancing with those outside of their household, including hosts.
- Please clean your hands using hand sanitizer before entering the Forge.
- We will not accept walk-ins—you must make your reservation in advance.
- The sauna hot room will be kept at a minimum temperature of 180F to ensure a sterile environment. Even so, all people using the sauna are doing so at their own risk and will not hold 612 Sauna Society liable should they contract COVID.
- Staff cleans and sanitizes equipment per disinfecting checklist between each reservation.
Nov. 21, 2022 Pricing Update
Dear 612 Sauna Society Member-Owner,
On behalf of the board of directors, we want to thank you for your continued trust and support as we have navigated the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects on our organization, including an 18 month closure.
After careful thought and deliberation, we have decided that to keep the Co-op in good financial health, and plan for the future, it is crucial that we increase our prices.
Since the co-op was formed with the Kickstarter campaign back in 2016, the price model for members and non-members has stayed consistent. The previous operational model with overlapping sessions allowed us to keep our prices consistent for such a long period of time. This also allowed the cooperative to function in the black but has not allowed us to think about growth or longer term goals for the cooperative. When the board decided to reopen in 2021, the safest way to offer sessions reduced overlap with other guests and allowed time for hosts to clean between sessions – this new model reduces the number of bench seats from the past model by 40%. We strongly believe this is the right decision and allows all guests a better sauna experience in the current time. Moving forward, we will continue to offer 7 bench seats per session and extend the session time to a full 90-minutes. In addition, the cleaning, check in process, and time to change out of your sauna attire will happen during the scheduled 30 minutes between sessions for greater flexibility. As many of you know, parking at the Trailhead can be difficult, and this will also allow time for winter weather and parking. We are also committed to expanding member programs, including a recurring monthly member only night where you can sauna at no cost and reconnect with our larger cooperative community.
This additional income will allow us to increase hosting wages. As you are aware, hosting is a critical part of our model and we believe in compensating hosts appropriately, especially considering the risk of holding a public facing role during an ongoing pandemic. Your sauna hosts are dedicated to providing a quality sauna experience to all of our guests. The board feels strongly in compensating the people who keep us running via day to day operations accordingly.
Finally, these price increases will help the board and all coop members plan for sustainability and growth over the next 5 years. This includes upgrades to the Forge, long term planning for the operations manager position, and partnering with other organizations to expand our reach.
Prices will increase to the following:
$35 per 90 minute session for the general public
$25 per 90 minute session for member-owners
$190 for 10 session pass for members
$290 for 10 session pass for general public
$165 for 5 session pass for general public
A member-owner share will increase to $250.
We value you, our member-owners, and will allow you all to purchase a 10 member pass for the old price of $130 through 12/10/21.
We understand that these prices may be a barrier for some of our members and guests. We would like to remind you that we are always looking for volunteer support sauna hosts. Support hosts help the lead host at the beginning and end of each session, and are able to sauna during the session! In addition, you will earn additional sauna sessions for each shift worked. This is a great way to get some free sessions if you don’t mind doing a little work. To find out more about becoming a support host, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Again, we thank you for the trust you have placed in us and we are excited to grow the co-op with you. We can’t wait to see what the future holds for us!
Jessica Nelson-Roehl, Operations Manager and the 612SS Board of Directors
Sauna Session Pass Packages
Sauna Session Pass Packages
If you’re a Co-op Member, click here to purchase your Pass Package or Gift Certificate at a discounted rate. Otherwise, please follow the directions and links below…
** Note: You still need to reserve your benchtime after you purchase your Pass Package. Pls read the directions below for more information **
Info and Directions: How to purchase a Pass Package or Gift Certificate (click here)
Receive discounted reservation pricing and avoid the Eventbrite fees with a Session Pass Package.
If you are a Co-op or Trailhead Member, please click here for Session Pass Packages. If not, read on…
1.) When you’re done reading this, expand the box below and choose your package from the drop-down selector.
2.) Click “buy now.” (You will be taken to a Paypal paymenet page.)
2.) On the paypal payment page, choose whether you’d like to pay via paypal or credit card.
The Credit Card option is the grey button on the bottom.
3.) You’ll receive a confirmation email within 3 business days (we process passes manually) with your Session Pass Promotion Code, which you will use at checkout to book future reservations.
** Our Pass Packages are valid through the end of our sauna season (May 31, 2022) **
Group Event Bookings
Book the sauna for your business event or private gathering
- Contact us for group pricing!
- Firewood and hosting provided. Just show up with your pals and enjoy the warmth of the Sauna!
Contact us to book benchtime for your group
Host a Sauna Event
Want to collaborate on a sauna event at your location? Sponsor a pop-up residency event to bring Sauna Society to you!
- Base residency fee including delivery: $2,000
- Public event fee varies (approx. $1,000 – $2,000)
- Firewood and hosting provided.