We are a member-owned co-op enjoying and sharing the Sauna tradition with the Twin Cities community.
The 612 Sauna Society Co-op was formed in 2016 following our successful kickstarter campaign. Today we have over 150 members and own and operate a mobile sauna unit, which is currently open Thursday-Sunday at the Loppet Trailhead in Theodore Wirth Park.
Make a Reservation
* * Co-op Members receive advanced booking access to reservations before reservations are released here to the public. Learn more about becoming a Member. **
Upcoming events and workshops and special sessions:
Thursday 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Theodore Wirth Trailhead
1221 Theodore Wirth Pkwy, Golden Valley, MN 55422
Public drop-in reservations – $25
Pass Package reservation – $14 – $19
(scroll down for Pass Packages)
* Trailhead and Co-op Members receive a discount when booking with their Member Promo Code *
Things to know
What to bring and what to expect.
WHAT TO BRING
- Good parking Karma! It’s ski season and parking at the Trailhead can be difficult. If you can’t find a spot in the Trailhead lot, you may need to park at the old Chalet and walk down to the trailhead. We appologize for the inconveneince but we promise that the warm-up will be worth the walk!
- Bathing suit (required)
- Water bottle
– 2 Towels – one to sit on and one to use after your session. Your sitting towel should be long enough to place your feet on the towel as well. There are hooks in the hot room to hang your sitting towel between rounds.
- Flip flops
SAUNA SOCIETY CODE
The Sauna Society Code has been identified to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable sauna and can be immersed in the health benefits of the activity, and can be summarized as follows:
At the 612 Sauna Society, our intention is to support a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive space to enjoy the health and community benefits of sauna.
We are aware of ourselves, each other, and our surroundings to ensure a safe environment for all sauna guests.
We are aware of our own health and safety, and we are also aware of the health of other guests.
We and our guests believe that everyone is equally worthy of love, respect, and dignity. We believe that differences of race, age, culture, religion, politics, sexual orientation, gender, gender variance, body shapes and sizes, nationalities, (and beyond) are simply part of being human and all are welcome here.
In short, we endeavour to treat each other as a family—one that loves and respects each other.
Thank you for helping us create a safe and comfortable space for all.
Please arrive hydrated so you can enjoy the full benefits of your time on the bench.
Sauna promotes healthy blood flow by activation of the thermoregulatory system. Practicing full “rounds” will provide the full health benefits. A round consists of 10-20 mins in the hot room (your body will tell you when your time is up), followed by a cool-down period outside.
Letting your body cool down between rounds by relaxing and cooling off at the rinse station will increase your circulation and provide the full physical and mental benefit of the experience. A typical sauna session consists of 3-4 rounds of this hot-cold treatment.
Learn more about the health benefits of Sauna here.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- The Sauna will be staffed by a trained host. If you have further questions about Sauna, The Forge or the 612 Sauna Society, please ask a member of the Stoker Team, or email us at email@example.com.
Sauna Session Pass Packages
Sauna Session Pass Packages
Group Event Bookings at The Trailhead
Book the sauna for your business event or private gathering at The Theodore Wirth Trailhead
- 3 hour rental at the Theodore Wirth Trailhead for up to 20 people $525
- Firewood and hosting provided. Just show up with your pals and enjoy the warmth of the Sauna!
Contact us to book benchtime for your group
Host a Sauna Event
Want to collaborate on a sauna event at your location? Sponsor a pop-up residency event to bring Sauna Society to you!
- Base residency fee including delivery: $2,000
- Public event fee varies (approx. $1,000 – $2,000)
- Firewood and hosting provided.