Sauna Season is here—see you on the bench!
Connect with local enthusiasts, experts and owners
Wanna Sauna? We are a Member-owned Co-op enjoying and sharing Sauna at residency locations throughout the Twin Cities. CHECK RESERVATION AVAILABILITY.
Member-Owners enjoy priority access and reservation discounts at residency hot spots around the city. LEARN MORE.
JOIN THE URBAN SAUNA REVIVAL
Sauna Season Opener @Landscape Love
November 10 – December 17
It’s a special treat for the 612 Sauna Society to be invited back to the Kingfield neighborhood this holiday season where we’ll be teaming up with Landscape Love (4355 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis) to create the Twin Cities’s next hot spot.
A FEW HELPFUL REMINDERS FOR BENCHTIME WITH THE 612 SAUNA SOCIETY:
- Your reservation is valid for up to 2 hours of benchtime
- Bathing suit (required)
- Water bottle (non-metal)
- Towels (an extra towel for final round and rinse is recommended)
- Potluck Sauna snacks to share (optional)
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- All members and guests are expected to abide by the Sauna Society Code: http://612saunasociety.com/code/
Please arrive hydrated so you can enjoy the full benefits of your time on the bench.
Sauna promotes healthy blood flow by activation of the thermoregulatory system. Practicing full “rounds” will provide the full health benefits. A round consists of 10-20 mins in the hot room (your body will tell you when your time is up), followed by a cool-down period outside. Letting your body cool down between rounds by relaxing and cooling off at the rinse station will increase your circulation and provide the full physical and mental benefit of the experience. A typical sauna session consists of 3-4 rounds of this hot-cold treatment.
Learn more about the health benfits of Sauna here.
** No refunds. Sorry, we are a small staff and simply do not have the bandwidth at this time to process refunds. We’re putting all our bandwidth into creating a superb Sauna experience. We hope you take this as extra incentive to show up and enjoy it! **
The Sauna will be hosted by a trained member of our Stoker Trainee team at all times. If you have further questions about Sauna, The Forge or the 612 Sauna Society, please ask a member of the Stoker Team, or email us at email@example.com.
Public reservations now available for:
Benefits of becoming a Member-Owner:
- Priority access and discounted sauna reservations (Prime Sauna season is of course the winter months, but the Co-Op will endeavor to be open as much as possible, contingent on Member-Owner and Volunteer contributions.)
- Access to group reservations & weekend retreats.
- Invites to special pop-up Sauna parties throughout the year.
- Voting rights: You shape the future of the 612 Sauna Society.
- Member-owners elect and can run for the Board of Directors*
- Future annual refunds: Members receive refunds based on yearly profits, individual patronage and particpation in the co-op.**
* Member-Owners must patronize the Co-op at least once per year to maintain Active status and voting rights.
** After an initial growth period, the 612 Sauna Society board will determine when to begin issuing yearly patronage refunds to members.
Bring Sauna to your community
other ways to enjoy and share the gift of Sauna…
Join the 612 STOKER Team
In order to open the Forge to its Member-owners, the Co-op needs personnel trained to operate the Sauna and execute openings at residencies throughout the Twin Cities this winter.
- Hosting certification (upon completion of 2 Workshop sessions)
- Paid hosting shifts and free Sauna